Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 207

Thread: JIB vs. Pound

  1. #51
    Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    941
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    You talk about cheap shots, that goes both ways. I will not say we didn't give some but we sure as heck took some too. Several of our players was clipped in the back and it was not called either. Not that the Ref's were being one sided, they can't see everything. As far as the showboating in the endzone by the Norton player, I didn't think it was a big deal. He was around his fans and he was happy that he scored. No taunting or big deal that I saw. But when the Norton player that Unchained is talking about over on our side saying things that is true I heard him too. He also was very unsportman like with his body language too. Now Norton won and Pound has to live with it. But don't act like you own the world either, cause for 3 quarters Pound gave a heck of a game. Give credit were it is due. I hate all that happened at the end, but there is two sides to every story and I am sure you will defend Norton no matter what. I wasn't at the endzone so I really don't know what happened I've been told someone spit at our coach and said some things about our players and that is how it all started. I don't know for sure like I said I wasn't down there at the time. As far as Norton not shaking hands well who cares really?

  2. #52
    Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,878
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    I'd loved to have seen this game. The action at Clintwood seems so distant. Things should get better at Wise with a new coach next year.

  3. #53
    Inactive Member Lb_Balla33's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,098
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    actually the guy from Norton pushed Coach Mullins's dad
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v29/TheGreatOne/221_2127.jpg[/img]

  4. #54
    Inactive Member N2SPORTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 15th, 2002
    Posts
    182
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    I talked to the guy from Norton after the game and he is not the type of person to push someone in that kind of situation. If that was coach Mullins' dad,from what time I have been around him, I would be very suprised that he would have been involved.I guess in the situation you never know what someone will do.
    I'll always want a little more than I already have.

  5. #55
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    Was that the only incident N2?

    I got outta there, but I figured the whole peanut football issue might come up again since there is a lot of bitterness there.

  6. #56
    Inactive Member imported_trio's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    1,341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    ive heard several things about it..

    if a Burton fan or a Pound fan started it either way its uncalled for..

  7. #57
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    true, very true. Regardless of what happend on the field, its up to adults to be bigger about things and be more mature.

    What happend on the field meant nothing in the grand scheme of things. Trash talk happens, cheap shots happen, chippy stuff after the play happens. Its nothing out of the ordinary until these ridiciulous fights break out in the grand scheme of things.

  8. #58
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    Wasn't there. But if things were as mentioned. I think the ref's deserve a word of praise. The game was basically over, so why let tempers force a bad issue. No matter who was right or wrong, either team.
    Sounds like the ref's seen a problem and handled it as best they could, before it got out of hand.
    These thing can turn ugly. Appy at Bath Co. a few years ago is an example.
    Clean hit near the end of the game that lays the starting Bath QB on the ground and him on the punt team. And it almost cleared the stands of both teams fans onto the field.
    Don't take much folks to have a real mess. And if you don't have some good ref's well who knows.

  9. #59
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    I disagree. The wet field had nothing to do with Pound ramming the ball down the Raiders throats to take a 7-6 lead. I also saw where the wet field hurt the Cats (especially on Fleming's INT-no doubt had the field been dry, that one could have been a big return). Turnovers killed the Cats, and that's where Norton's points came from, but to the credit of the Raiders, good teams make you pay. I would wager when I ask some of my co-workers rom Norton Monday what they saw, they'll tell me that they have some things to work on. Norton did not dominate this thing as expected, and to be honest, I'm not sure they were the better team tonight. If they play in the playoffs like they did last night, they'll get bounced.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  10. #60
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    LPD, Youre quite a bit older than me, so I was just wondering if things were this bad back say 20-30 years ago when it concerned fans and this type of behavior?

    It seems to me like this current generation of people as fans feel compelled to be a part of the game. You look at the idiots in Detroit starting the basketball brawl by throwing stuff at Ron Artest. You see the moron running onto the field in Chicago to sucker punch the Royals 1st base coach. You see the dodger players going up in the stands to beat up a cubs fan that started something. It just seems to me that people are so over extreme in their actions and no one shows class anymore with regards to the game and just letting the authorities(refs) handle the situation. I mean like you said, the appy player put the bath county player on the ground, cheap shot or no cheap shot, you dont clear the stands, you let the refs handle the game and the situation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •